• Register

Desura is a community driven digital distribution service for gamers, putting the best games, mods and downloadable content from developers at gamers fingertips, ready to buy and play. Welcome to the official Desura BLOG.

Forum Thread
Beta 10 (Groups : Desura : Forum : Beta Release : Beta 10) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 21 2010 Anchor

Just released beta 10 that fixes a host of issues. Any bugs please post here. To get access to the beta please enable it via the settings menu.

Change Log: Indiedb.com

Jan 21 2010 Anchor

I've just realized that Desura hasn't been updating for me. I'm still on version 6 lol. The Beta participation has been checked since the start but still nothing since version 6. Oh and, for whatever reason, "Force Update" has disappeared from the menu. :S

Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall?

Jan 21 2010 Anchor

That is strange. There was an update issue around beta 6 but it should still update, are you sure your in the beta as the public version is still on 6. Can try a reinstall.

Jan 21 2010 Anchor

Yep, I'm definitely in the beta. I'll try a reinstall tho and see how it goes from there on. ;)

Update: A reinstall didn't work unfortunately. I uninstalled, reinstalled, it went through the downloading update and install process but when I checked the version it was still on 6. I then went into Settings and the box was still checked on the Beta Participation.

Oh and, just to correct what I said on my first post above, the Force Update hadn't disappeared at all! I actually forgot that the option was accessed via the Windows start menu and not the Desura menu! So that was my bad! Unfortunately tho the Force Update didn't work either. :(

Jan 21 2010 Anchor

Can you goto the about box and get the version from there (and the branch) Should be something like 100.6 or 300.10

Jan 21 2010 Anchor

Yea sure... It's 100.6.

Jan 21 2010 Anchor

Yeah your not getting the beta build at all. Still on the public one.

Jan 22 2010 Anchor

Any ideas on how to get back on the beta then? I've done just about everything I can think of so far.

Jan 22 2010 Anchor

Quit Desura deleting settings.sqlite and restart it

Jan 22 2010 Anchor

Would that be the sqlite3.dll in the gecko folder?

Jan 22 2010 Anchor

nah, Think its AppData\DesuraNet\Desura (on my mac, cant remember ill find out tomorrow)

Jan 22 2010 Anchor

Okies. Btw, I just ran a search and there's no file named settings.sqlite anywhere on my PC let alone the Desura folder.

Anyway I'll leave it with ya till tomorrow. ;)

Jan 22 2010 Anchor

Ah yes, the reason for that is you dont have the new version. My bad. Delete settings.xml

Jan 22 2010 Anchor

settings_layout.xml in data folder? That's the only one there is.

Jan 22 2010 Anchor

nope. Looking in the wrong place. Wait till i get home, ill let you know the file and place.

Jan 22 2010 Anchor

Thanks man. Just so ya know tho, I checked in every single folder within Program Files\Desura and there's no settings.xml. But anyway yea, I'll leave it with ya for now. Cheers.

Jan 22 2010 Anchor

Well its not there. Its in a hidden windows folder called AppData (or ProgramData cant remember)

Jan 22 2010 Anchor

Yep... Found it in C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\DesuraNet\Desura and deleted it. I had to go into settings and uncheck the beta participation box, quit Desura, start Desura, Check the box again, quit Desura and start it again.. It's now finally updating to Build 12..! At Frackin Last! lol.

Thanks a million for all your help man and sorry to have been such a pain in the ass lol. ;)

PS: Looks like it has also finally found UT2004! Nice work man! :)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.