• Register
Forum Thread
Continuum 93 retro computer fantasy emulator for game development (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : Continuum 93 retro computer fantasy emulator for game development) Post Reply
Thread Options
Sep 12 2023 Anchor

Hey guys!

A while back I started channeling a lot of my 90's retro computing nostalgia into writing this fantasy computer emulator designed for retro game development with a dedicated (a bit simplified) assembly programming language I also designed inspired by a lot of CPU's of that era.

I am really happy to present to you this month's update of Continuum 93 which now also features a realtime debugger/disassembler as well as a dedicated simple OS written in this machine's assembly, some example programs and offcourse, updated manuals and technical references.

This project is currently only for PC/Windows, however, it will make its way onto other platforms soon enough.

I just found this very nice comunity and I dare to share with you my latest update on my project. Feel free to share any feedback or critique you may have. It will be put to good use! :)

So, without further ado, here are the main features added to this month's 0.3.7 update:
Video introduction and demo here:

- A very much improved debugger;

User Posted Image

- A new OS for Continuum written directly in the assembly language of this machine;

User Posted Image

- A new way of programming with VS Code and the code can be split over different files;

User Posted Image

Cheers!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.