• Register

Fast pace cellshading flying action. Soar the skies as you take on the most vicious enemies above the ground. Experience an airborne adventure in an all new art style that will take you to something different and exciting. With the possibility to add just about anything you can imagine into the game, the sky it's not the limit. It's just the beginning.

Forum Thread
HAWX 2 Skins & Models (Games : Vector Thrust : Forum : Skins : HAWX 2 Skins & Models) Locked
Thread Options
Nergal01
Nergal01 I stopped supporting Vector Thrust. AMA.
Nov 15 2014 Anchor

After torturing myself to complete (read: marathon) the not-so-shit game and ripping the skins/models for the entire weekend, here it is.

Here. It. Is. (warning: over 50 megs download)

Playable plane list since I don't make a readme of this, besides all of them were already available on both main HAWX games however as a Wii game all of them more or less handle the same since the game forces you to use specific plane/helo for every level:
A-7 Corsair II
A-10 Thunderbolt II
A-12 Avenger II
AV-8B Harrier
F-4 Phantom II
F-14D Super Tomcat
F-15ACTIVE
F-15E Strike Eagle
F-16C Fighting Falcon
F-22 Raptor
F-35B Lightning II
F-117 Nighthawk
F/A-18E Super Hornet
Il-78 Midas (as a bomber! How ridiculous!!!1)
J-35 Draken
SEPECAT Jaguar
JAS-39 Gripen
Ka-50 Hokum(mostly cockpit view only but at least it's playable before ACAH became too mainstream)
Mi-24 Hind D
MiG-1.44 MFI
MiG-15 Fagot
MiG-21F Fishbed
MiG-23 Flogger
MiG-29 Fulcrum/MiG-33 (same as the first HAWX)
Mirage F1
Mirage III
Mirage 2000N
Mirage 4000 (!!!!! makes this game the only arcade flight shooter with officially playable Mirage 4k)
Mirage IV
Pandora UCAV (see below)
Rafale C
Space shuttle (see below)
Su-27 Flanker
Su-30MKI
Su-34 Fullback
Su-35A
PAK-FA
Su-39 Super Grach
Su-47 Berkut
Eurofighter Typhoon
X-29
YF-12
No YF-23 though sadface

Special mention:
Chaser (a Peregrine Falcon yes)
CHASER spacesuit (a futuristic crazy combination between spacesuit and wingsuit capable of atmospheric reentry, you read that correctly and you're not drunk.)

Some NPCs which some I didn't get the texture either because they're too generic or I didn't feel like it:
MQ-9 Reaper
C-5 Galaxy (as a tanker!)
Il-76 Candid
Tu-160 Blackjack (as a cargo plane!)
Tu-95 Bear
A-50 Mainstay
Stargazer (fictional UCAV)
AH-64 Apache (not Longbow)
CH-47 Chinook (strangely equipped with wings as missile hardpoints)
V-12 (that Soviet-era Osprey thing, only in cutscene)
B-1B Lancer

Some cool stuff I managed to snag (not included in the download, sorry)
UCAV Pandora (playable)
User Posted Image
Space shuttle (playable, yes there's a space mission so what)
User Posted Image
UCAV Stargazer (enemy only)
User Posted Image

There are some nifty enemy units/scenery props like the Poromnik/Zubr and Lun ekranoplan but I'm not thinking of ripping their model because they're too lowres.

Edited by: Nergal01

Nov 15 2014 Anchor

sppPppPPA--P---SPACE MISSION

AHH
AHAH

YEEEEEEEEEEES

I MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*boom*

anyway thonks or teh stoff

ill get to texturr wurrk sunn

Edited by: szboudreau01

Nergal01
Nov 15 2014 Anchor

To be honest this game's slightly more over-the-top compared to the mainstream versions. Could've been much better if the gameplay wasn't that vomit-inducing though.

--

anon wrote:

There are only two things in this world worse than Vector Thrust; Star Citizen and No Man's Sky

'anon' wrote: Now I shall use this 'Vector Thrust Threshold' to measure how awful your product is

Nov 16 2014 Anchor

Oh, I bet it could have been. Clancy never understood quite what makes a Flight Shooting Game so good. But the artists at least know how to make a plane flashy as fuck.

Nergal01
Nov 16 2014 Anchor

szboudreau01 wrote: Oh, I bet it could have been. Clancy never understood quite what makes a Flight Shooting Game so good. But the artists at least know how to make a plane flashy as fuck.

Basically this is perhaps the only flight action game where you USE YOUR WII NUNCHUCK to lock a target and YOUR GUN IS ESSENTIALLY A TURRET PLACED SLIGHTLY BEHIND YOUR PLANE AND IS TWICE AS INACCURATE AS IN THE FIRST HAWX.

Sounds awesome huh.

Meanwhile I'll try to convert the Pandora and shuttle to VT when I have time.

--

anon wrote:

There are only two things in this world worse than Vector Thrust; Star Citizen and No Man's Sky

'anon' wrote: Now I shall use this 'Vector Thrust Threshold' to measure how awful your product is

Nov 17 2014 Anchor

Nergal01 wrote: Basically this is perhaps the only flight action game where you USE YOUR WII NUNCHUCK to lock a target

So what idiot thought THAT was a good idea?
HEY CLANCEY. THAT'S NOT HOW MISSILES LOCK IRL. JUUUST SAYING.

Anyway, sounds fun. Plenty of silly planes to convert.

Nov 21 2014 Anchor

I haven't played either but wasn't an F-15C model used for the F-15E?

Nergal01
Nov 21 2014 Anchor

0Prime0 wrote: I haven't played either but wasn't an F-15C model used for the F-15E?

Can't remember but I think both the normal and Wii version have those wrong models fixed. Besides there's only F-15E and ACTIVE here.

--

anon wrote:

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.