• Register

Fast pace cellshading flying action. Soar the skies as you take on the most vicious enemies above the ground. Experience an airborne adventure in an all new art style that will take you to something different and exciting. With the possibility to add just about anything you can imagine into the game, the sky it's not the limit. It's just the beginning.

Forum Thread
Ace Combat 1 Skins (Games : Vector Thrust : Forum : Skins : Ace Combat 1 Skins) Locked
Thread Options
mittsommerschnee
mittsommerschnee Vector Thrust α/β Tester
Aug 18 2014 Anchor

Well if anybody wants to make HD versions of the aircraft skins from AC1 here are the original textures carefully extracted and save in png format. I ripped them a while ago and totally forgot about them.

Mediafire.com

Theres also the AC1 models there too if anyone's interested, you'll need Milkshake 3D to view the models though.

If there's any interest in any of the mission briefing audio files and ground textures just say and I'll upload them too.

Edited by: mittsommerschnee

--

Noli Timere Messorem
Aug 24 2014 Anchor

Why, thank you very much. These will come in VERY handy!

If I may ask, could you also rip out the AC2 skins? (Aces included of course) I'm making a little skinpack themed after Ace Combat through time, so, at least one plane per each game would be nice.

Edited by: szboudreau01

Nergal01
Nergal01 I stopped supporting Vector Thrust. AMA.
Aug 24 2014 Anchor

Once I found a PSX emulator plugin that supports DirectX9 ripping rendering, perhaps I can help you out as before™.

And AC3 textures too, hopefully.

Edited by: Nergal01

--

anon wrote:

There are only two things in this world worse than Vector Thrust; Star Citizen and No Man's Sky

'anon' wrote: Now I shall use this 'Vector Thrust Threshold' to measure how awful your product is

Aug 25 2014 Anchor

Nergal01 wrote: And AC3 textures too, hopefully.

Haha, sounds nice.

Indeed, a team of ripper and skinner, keeps banding together time after time.. it just won't stop.

After I do the AC2 aces, we're moving onto Joint Assault, I could use emblems.

mittsommerschnee
Aug 25 2014 Anchor

szboudreau01 wrote: Why, thank you very much. These will come in VERY handy!

If I may ask, could you also rip out the AC2 skins? (Aces included of course) I'm making a little skinpack themed after Ace Combat through time, so, at least one plane per each game would be nice.

I'll do it tomorrow if I'm not busy. Also would you guys want the terrain, hud, font, slash and edge textures uploading too?

--

Noli Timere Messorem
Aug 25 2014 Anchor

Midsummersnow wrote: terrain, hud, font, slash and edge textures uploading too?

Terrain and Font, I don't care about. The rest, please.

Unless Nergal did it, then, it wont matter

mittsommerschnee
Aug 25 2014 Anchor

szboudreau01 wrote:

Midsummersnow wrote: terrain, hud, font, slash and edge textures uploading too?

Terrain and Font, I don't care about. The rest, please.

Unless Nergal did it, then, it wont matter

I have the raw files from AC1 and 2. Nergal is just ripping them via emulator which reduces the quality. Because PS1 .TIM files have a layer called CLUT which contains the correct colour pallet. If you rip them via emulator you lose the CLUT data.

--

Noli Timere Messorem
Nergal01
Aug 25 2014 Anchor

Midsummersnow wrote:
Also would you guys want the terrain, hud, font, slash and edge textures uploading too?

Will do it ASAP. Especially Slash/Edge and HUD part. Can't promise to rip every single terrain texture however.

--

anon wrote:

There are only two things in this world worse than Vector Thrust; Star Citizen and No Man's Sky

'anon' wrote: Now I shall use this 'Vector Thrust Threshold' to measure how awful your product is

Aug 25 2014 Anchor

Midsummersnow wrote: I have the raw files from AC1 and 2. Nergal is just ripping them via emulator which reduces the quality. Because PS1 .TIM files have a layer called CLUT which contains the correct colour pallet. If you rip them via emulator you lose the CLUT data.

In that case, well, post your stuff then. If you're using raw files, then, surely, you're already one step ahead against my otherwise-always-trustworthy friend who hates everything AAA.

Sorry, buddy.

Nergal01
Aug 25 2014 Anchor

Midsummersnow wrote:
I have the raw files from AC1 and 2. Nergal is just ripping them via emulator which reduces the quality. Because PS1 .TIM files have a layer called CLUT which contains the correct colour pallet. If you rip them via emulator you lose the CLUT data.

Curious, but what tool are you using? I remember having a multipurpose ripping application for PSX games ages ago but it's gone.

--

anon wrote:

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.