• Register

In a shady corner of Kingsport Bay, at the outskirts of St Armando, Bwana and his trusted sidekick Kito struggle to make ends meet at their run-down gas station. Little do they know that they are about to be thrown into a spine-tingling adventure that will take them far from home and right into a twisting plot of corruption and danger. In the first chapter of The Journey Down, the search for a lost journal leads to forgotten secrets of the mysterious Underland. Follow Bwana and Kito as they puzzle their way forward and begin to uncover the true fate of their long lost father, Captain Kaonandodo. The Journey Down is a classic point-and-click saga with a black African twist. Get ready to embark on an epic journey of laughs and brainteasing adventure!

Forum Thread
No sound on Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit (Games : The Journey Down: Chapter One : Forum : Support : No sound on Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 1 2012 Anchor

When I started playing this game I didn't get any sound and couldn't for the life of me figure out what was wrong. I got the following output from strace:

[ Process PID=5068 runs in 32 bit mode. ]
ALSA lib conf.c:3314:(snd_config_hooks_call) Cannot open shared library libasound_module_conf_pulse.so

What really puzzled me was that I found libasound_module_conf_pulse.so on my system and the game was running just fine on my desktop computer, which is also a 12.04 64 bit, but a couple of years and multiple linux installs older. I actually spent quite some time thinking on it and googling the problem without being able to find a solution until I finally realized the implications of that first line.

The fix is to install the ia32-libs package, which, among other things, contains lib32asound2-plugins. I'm only posting this here in case it helps others with the same problem.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.