Zynga has tried and failed and it's even an online gambling game! So far, nobody has managed to capture the magic of the original Wizard Of Oz Novel from 1900.
Finally, over a hundred years later, an indie developer out of South Korea, MazM, are launching an IndieGogo campaign to fund the English translation of their game: The Wizard of Oz.
You can find the campaign page here.
Here's a quick breakdown of the game:
- Players control Dorothy as she heads home from the Emerald City
- Explore six different locations of Oz (including the Munchkin village
- Chat with NPC’s/Characters through various towns in Oz.
- Interact with your environment to find our more about Oz and the characters that call it home.
- Play mini games as all you favorite characters including; The cowardly lion, tin man, and scarecrow.
- Unlock hand drawn concept art based on the original text
- Fast travel around the map and learn more about characters, locations, and items through Dorothy’s picnic basket.
The team has been praised for their attention to detail by Oz fansites and communities.