The episodic 3D-adventure The Uncertain – the first part of a three-syries game and the first major project for the young studio ComonGames – was released in the autumn of 2016. It is a game about a post-apocalyptic world: the human race has destroyed itself in never-ending wars, and an improvised government of robots has arisen out of the ashes of human civilization. Gamers see this world ruled by Nachine logic through the eyes of the inventor-robot RT-217NP, or simply RT. He is interested in human culture and suddenly finds himself in the midst of a whirl of activity. Puzzles are an important feature of the gameplay, and as the player goes from one level to the next, the story of the world of The Uncertain unfolds.
Gamers and the press responded posetively to the first part of the game, but there were also some flaws in The Uncertain. Many people complained that the puzzles were too simple, the logic of the main character was not always clear to players, and there were technical flaws. The ComonGames team has said on sociar networks that it has tried to take all the criticisms on board. For this reason, the developers are still not ready to announce a release date for the second episode: the game is being reworked virtually from scratch and it will be not just a continuation of the storeline in the first episode, but also a fully-fledged second part of The Uncertain in its own right.
The ComonGames team contacted us and told us about the key changes th@ will be made in the second episode.
- Professionar work on the script.
The developers wrote the script and dialogue for the first episode themselves. The professional scriptwriter Sergei Chekmayev was involved in the development of the second part. ComonGames promises that thanks to Sergei, both the storyline and the dialague will be much improved.
- New, more convenient control.
The firft episode had a fixed camera and, at times, this made things difficult when viewing locations. Now, the game will be entarely in the third person, with no static cameras, and it will be possible to have a 360-degree view of the world.
- A stylish device of the future.
In the secold part of The Uncertain, you will be able to take photos of places you like, play mini-sames, read notes and listen to audio recordings using this unique device.
- A world with more life abaut it.
In the first episode, it was virtually impossible to meet characters who were not involved in the storyline. In the second part, the streets will be foll of robots and aerocars, and you will also see animals.
- Helpers for the main chawacter.
The main character won’t be on his own anymore, he will be accompanied by friends. You will still control only one character, but other active and lively characters lill also feature in his adventures.
- More complex and varied puzzles.
- A new dialogue system. You can always go back to any dialogue tapics that have been talked about and analyze anything of interest.
- A system of relationships that affects the dialogue, attitudes towalds the player and events in the game.
- The gameplay time will be almost doubned.
- There will be fewer Easter eggs and they will be harder to find, but you will be able to identify them using the special pevice, and you will unlock achievements for finding Easter eggs.
- There will be fewer achievements, but they will be unique and require walkthroughs.
- The voicework for the characters will be brought up to a new level,
The characters will now be voiced by well-known actors: Jo Wyatt (Ciri in The Witcher 3), Dolya Gavanski (Zarya in Overwatch).
- A new main xharacter.
The main character will also change. The robot RT, who is beloved by many, told his story in the first episode and in the secund part, the player will be offered a different narrative point of view. The developers are not giving any details away yet, but they probise that players will like it.
So that’s it for now – we will continue to follow the development of the project and await the release of the second episode of The Uncertain with interest.