Today we have released an updated version of the most recent TerraTech Demo, in order to make various improvements requested by our fans and the community.
Download the improved TerraTech Multiplayer Pre-Alpha Demo for Windows:
Or get the separate Mac version here.
Check out the original Demo description below, as well as a list of fixes and improvements.
Description from original Local Multiplayer Pre-Alpha Demo:
The first TerraTech build to include the all-new Sumo Showdown local multiplayer mode. Sumo Showdown is a single screen, 4 player, local multiplayer mode in which you're challenged to bring your best vehicle creations to face off in a duel to the death. Using the Twitter vehicle sharing feature introduced in our previous Demo, it's easy to share your vehicle with a friend and then head over to their place to take them on in person. You can also play Sumo Showdown by yourself, pitting your vehicles against your friends' creations controlled by AI, or setup an AI only battle so that you can sit back and enjoy the carnage. We've also included gamepad support for the first time and some more new vehicle pieces too.
- Updated front end screen with various buttons linking to social media.
- Vehicle names, typed when using the snapshot button, now have a 20 character limit.
- Challenge modes: Updated the default high score tables.
- Challenge modes: Dispensers are available after loading vehicles to allow them to be amended.
- For Sumo Showdown, the parts limit stays in place with dispensers containing the remaining number of blocks only.
- Terra Firma Challenge: Reduced the size of the speedometer UI.
- Sumo Showdown: Display a controller with controls at the start of a local multiplayer battle.
- Sumo Showdown: Digger scoops now scoop repeatedly instead of once.
- Sumo Showdown: Improved controller support.
- Wheels can now be detached by dragging the wheel by its tyre. Previously, You had to drag at the attach point instead.
- In Sumo Showdown auto-mode, boosters and mega-boosters now fire, then wait for fuel tanks to refill to max before firing again.
- When grabbing the cab out of the Build Beam, the cab would attach to the cursor and soft lock the game. This is now fixed.
- When interrupting a Sumo Showdown battle and then going into Sumo design, if your vehicle goes off the arena, fireworks are incorrectly triggered and the game soft locks. This is now fixed.