Hello indiedb community!
We are happy to announce, that Molecats is out on Steam after a productive season on Early Access! The game has won several awards during the year in EA – thanks its intricate visual design, gameplay, and lovable characters.
In the game, your job is to help the aforementioned Molecats secure ever-important foodstuffs (‘shrooms) and loot (relics). Guide them through dangerous underground tunnels by twisting and turning tiles – indirectly controlling where and how your crew tackles each challenge. Ruthless monsters and traps are lurking around every corner: Take your time and plan each move carefully to keep those Molecats smiling. Of course, finding the exit with both goodies and limbs intact is great – but stay on the lookout for achievements, secondary goals, unlockables, secret levels, and more. You never know what you’ll dig up ...
“During Vidroid’s early years, we used to play a small Flash game called Continuity. This tile placement puzzle game reminded us of the types of board games we enjoyed as kids,” says Stanislav Gailunas, art director and gameplay designer at Vidroid.
“We decided to have a friendly competition to come up with games based on tile mechanics,” adds Yaroslav Rybak, lead programmer and producer at Vidroid. “After some healthy experimentation, the result was Molecats – a game that encourages players to take their time with each puzzle.”
- Indie Prize Showcase USA 2018 - Best Game Design Award
- Indie Prize Showcase USA 2018 - Most Innovative Game Award
- Digital Dragons 2018 - Rookie of the Year Award
- GTP Indie Cup 2018 - Best Art Award
- Indie Prize Showcase Europe 2018 - Best Children’s Game Nomination
- Enjoy simple yet challenging gameplay as you solve clever puzzles by rotating tiles to connect paths and apply special powers.
- Avoid dozens of obstacles, monsters, and traps that try to slow you down.
- Keep trying without dying: Every mistake leads to even more puzzles.
- Discover and unlock tons of achievements such as secondary goals, mysterious unlockables, secret levels with unique game mechanics, and more!
- Explore an adorable world and meet a slew of unforgettable characters.
Molecats is now available on Steam as a full release for $12.99. The game supports Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Molecats will also be heading to game consoles and mobile devices later this year.