The long-awaited RPG update is here!
Embark on a new adventure through the city of Starfall on a quest to find the entrance of the Labyrinth. Enjoy a new expanded story as you explore the mysterious and dangerous streets of Northgate and Smithstone. While your heroes are away, protect your Lair with your Boss against would-be interlopers!
Improved progression. Your Heroes and Bosses move to each new zone together, and gain in power as they do so. Stars are tied to your location, and no longer gained with level. Level still unlocks cards.
Adventure combines other modes. PvP and story content are woven into a single campaign. As you battle your way to the heart of the city, you encounter the Bosses of other players who are doing the same.
Simplified economy. Gold is now primarily used to buy card packs. Stardust is used to craft cards and buy Heroes and Bosses. Additional rewards along the journey to get to the Labyrinth. Hero Card Packs and Boss Card Packs have been added for real money purchase.
Quests temporarily disabled. A new quest system will be turned on in a patch in the couple weeks, as we get back to a regular cadence of updates. The additional rewards from the tutorial and Northgate, plus the reward at the end of the Labyrinth should more than compensate in the short term.
Please let us know what you like about the changes and any questions you may have. We will follow-up with another report next week.
Free Range Games
- Quests have been temporarily turned off while we finish refining the new Quest system
- Consumable items in Hero inventory are being moved back to the Lair stash upon Hero death
- If you leave the adventure map with your Heroes on your Lair, but don't Return to Lair, when you hit Play to return to game you will pass through the Lair but not cure Wounds or respawn empty map locations until you go to map and hit Return to Lair
- Card pack rewards and, in some cases, card unlocks are being granted but reward notifications for them are not appearing
- Dupes filter in deck editing includes 2nd copies of Stack 2 Perks
- Some UI elements move out of place in certain menus on multiple viewings of the same screen
- Scrolling Heroes and Bosses in the store isn't intuitive New icons are disabled on new cards added to Collection
- Kylee's passive ability was unnecessarily restricting draw with a full hand to replace the triggering Ranged Attack card played
- Whetstone was not adding "Draw a card." to Acuminate text
- Spiked Vambrace was only giving Counterstrike 1 not Counterstrike 3
- Crackling Tesseract could not be used actively, only passively
- Untamed Flames kicker could hit same target twice instead of second target
- Petrifusion with Phial of Smokestone was spending Molten Veins
- Walk the Mists was allowing teleport next to enemies
- Howl From Within was sometimes not appearing in the action feed
- Ember Hounds cards still had Volatile text on card inspect even when Ignited Hounds Perk had removed it
- Frozen Solid erroneously described as increasing Attack, but increases Armor
- Gravity Generator wasn't triggering on pick up of Defense Orb
- Blade of the Deathless was playing with no valid targets when only Hero had Stealth
- Crown of Vaylar was missing some Minion kills in its count
- Pickpocket now won't place drops on occupied spaces, but can be wasted if there are no empty spaces
- Relic of Ynoth now costs 3 stars instead of 4
- Necromotivator now costs 4 stars instead of 5
- Bloodborn Bracers now costs 4 stars instead of 5
- Mastery of the Ways now costs 4 stars instead of 5
- Coiled Dragon Technique is now 3 Tick Windup, 3 Piercing in Blast 2, 3 Armor during Windup, no Fury kicker
- Phial of Smokestone now costs 2 stars instead of 3
- Militant Monk now costs 2 stars instead of 1 and has speed 2 instead of 3
- Unstable Core now gives Frozen Sentinels "Last Words - Enemy characters in Blast 1 are Frozen."
- Power Slam is now Blast 2 not Cross 3
- Thundering Rage now won't be played without an adjacent enemy
- Zha, Which Eats the Sun now draws and plays Breath of the Sun instead of doing the equivalent as a default attack action