Well, it's been a while since the last time I posted an update, and I had a couple helpful comments and suggestions, and a couple changes based on some of them can be seen in the latest version of the demo. You can get the latest version here: Windows | Mac | Linux
But before I get into the details, I wanted to put a reminder here about the Android alpha version and my page in Steam Greenlight Concepts.
Now that that's out of the way...
I replaced some of the sounds with higer quality ones and I recorded a new game play video with audio.
Bug Fixes / Enhancements (in no particular order):
- The volume slider in the options menu now beeps when changing the volume.
- Made some improvements to the visual effects. More blood splatters. Improved appearance of explosions. I was working on adding footprints whenever you stomp on the ground, but it didn't look good, so I'll hold off on that one for now.
- I slightly altered the way the cops behave to make it less likely for them to stay out of reach. It's not perfect, but it's a start.
- I changed the tanks so that they can detect if they are running into a wall and turn left or right to try to go around.
- I think I fixed the bug where the stomp attack would occasionally freeze the monster in place. Let me know if you see it happen again.
- I enabled the 16:9 aspect ratio after fixing some UI elements. No more vertical borders!
- There's probably a bunch of things I'm forgetting... I'm sure it's not important.
I have new audio clips for the police sirens and for the tank's engine. The tank also plays an additional sound while moving. Speaking of tanks, I made some modifications to allow the tanks to run over things instead of just pushing them out of the way, or rolling over like a turtle.
I also did a bit of work on things that aren't in the demo. Here is a cut scene that is played before you reach the last area:
There's plenty of work left to do, and not a lot of spare time, so it'll likely be a while before I upload a new version of the demo. Fortunately, there's a holiday coming up this week, so hopefully I can put the two extra days to good use.