Creating the AI for legions at war was an interesting journey, as there are several ways the AI can analyse the trillions of possible layouts.
When to attack:
- Always attack first, no threat or ranking algorithms.
- Attack based on ranking and threat algorithms.
- Randomly attack.
When to move:
- Never move unto tiles that can be attacked.
- Move with backup.
- Randomly move.
- Move based on threat and victory algorithms.
When to use abilities or change combat stance:
- Based on threat and victory algorithms.
By offering the player a tweakable AI, it encourages the creation of extremely interesting and challenging layouts. The AI has been structured to allow the player to change different behavioral stats of the AI, when creating a game.