This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Management located Anywhere.
Posted by Strutin on
Art Direction: Organic high-fantasy sci-fi. Unique, beautiful & photorealistic
Look & Design = Alien World, Realistic / Fantasy + Medieval / Futuristic
Is this something that you can excel at? Something you can lead artists at?
IMU Studios is seeking ‘a set of fresh eyes’ that of an inspiring Art Director on an active project. As Art Director, you will oversee the visual development of projects from concept to generating the next wave of advanced designs for characters, scenes, game locations and interactive props. If you have 2-4+ years of experience working as a professional, apply now!
You’re an expert with shape design, silhouette form, function, and structure. Your use of color and composition is excellent. You will have an exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and you know how to simplify and stylize them to create compelling and memorable characters who express powerful emotions.
• Passion. Above all, you want this epic, visually realized.
• Visionary. You will manifest this ideal vision into works of art that reveal this game world.
• Ability to create a visual style based on the Designer’s/Producer’s vision for our projects.
• Work closely with our artists and designers to create the art direction for the project.
• You will generate each area’s color palette to guide the project’s lighting, mood, and atmosphere.
• The Art Director is responsible for the project’s stylistic taste, color, texture and lighting consistency throughout the game, public images and time of day settings.
• Ensure all artwork consistently meets the project’s creative parameters and complexity level while adhering to its schedule and budget.
• Adhere to UE4 Subversion digital file management protocols already in place.
• Ability to work remotely via Slack and Discord with a variety of Artists located globally.
• Collaborate with all team leads to develop visionary “next-generation” action-shooter with role-playing abilities using the Unreal Engine-4.
• Commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism and inspiration.
• Interact respectfully and professionally with colleagues and clients.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to multi-task and delegate.
• Understanding of Substance workflows.
• Extensive knowledge of modeling, unwrapping, texturing and animation.
• Extremely knowledgeable about the production pipeline from start to finish.
• Proven abilities to guide the visual style of the project from the conceptual stage through production and into post-production.
• Highly-motivated, pro-active, solution-minded, a positive attitude with a solid work ethic.
• Ability to budget and deliver work on time and meet milestones.
• Ability to create recursive themes, concept art and initialize direction.
• Manage and monitor all art progress towards target goals.
• Collaborate with creative leadership to maintain visual parity.
• Hire artists for focused project phases.
• Pausing active artists before spend is over-budget.
• Work closely with designers and programmers to ensure the successful delivery of our titles.
• Excellent leadership skills inspiring the team to work as a cohesive unit and eager to put forth their best efforts.
• Research and implement motion capture and 3D digitizing technologies.
Overseer and Artist
Directing and creating assets, managing development of concept art, assigning tasks, providing constructive feedback to team members, at their level of experience.
Create concept art, create level art assets, plan, use and implement naming conventions and asset management conventions, conceive of and harness functional level-streaming solution for expanding our open game world.
Manage artists, art teams, riggers, and animators. Create themes, direct and create assets (levels, characters, NPC’s, animations, special effects) manage the development of concept art, assigned tasks, provided feedback to completion, monitor progress and involve other directors.
You are an artist first, understanding and in charge of public images, 3D modeling, texturing and animating of characters, action poses and game environments.
You will lead the charge in creating storyboards and directing final content for our promotional graphic novel and cinematic projects.
Pencil & Paper | Drawing Tablet | Photoshop | Substance Painter
Substance Designer | ZBrush| Maya | Unreal Engine
About the Company
Before we fund, we need to identify our leadership. TEAM leadership is a going concern for our Investors and Partners, and we need to lean on your credentials as you will lean on this visionary game design to become its art hero.
IMU Studios is working to harvest a fresh revolution in the video game industry. Our game design is meant to shake up and disrupt our competition to the core. Drawn from what gamers believe is going in the wrong direction. Early tests revealed that we have unique original gameplay that gamers find attractive, and addictive to be loyal to long-term.
As advised by Amazon, we openly share our game development process in our live-streams and at anticipated reveal events with our team, testers, and partners. Where game development was once hidden, IMU pulls back the veil and shares our process. Gamers come to know our team, following and commenting on every stage as the game is created. Our community is closely engaged and their feedback considered in each aspect of game development, thus putting this epic vision directly into our players’ control.
Our AAA project has both a mobile item exchange application design and a fresh and exciting AAA FPS 3D game that work together in harmony. IMU Studios is a start-up company owning a mature Intellectual Property. This is made up of a thoughtfully-designed first person open world video game with RPG elements, a pro-league seasonal playoff system, a deep story as told across novels, adding stories told around the campfires in the game. Planned animated graphic novel series, virtual goods players can buy, sell and trade, all set to original music. Together, we are making a thrilling prototype drawn from our design, our lore and our characters, all built on this beautiful Unreal Video Game Engine.
IMU Studios was founded in September of 2000 when game developer Robert Strutin’s market research revealed fresh opportunities in the video game industry that crossed market lines. Our home studio is nestled in the beautiful inspiring mountains of British Columbia Canada, with active Team Members contributing worldwide. Our expert team of game developers and artists are passionate about their craft and producing profound entertainment experiences. Our mission is to create exhilarating video games that enrich your life and empower you as players. We help gamers earn a profit on every purchase.
Apply at iPlay@iPlayMore.com
Tell us who you are, what you do, and why you would like to join.