Super Wall Crash version 1.0.1 has been released on the iOS App Store. Version 1.0.1 adds a few player requested gameplay tweaks and some great performance updates. Full release notes here:
- A new Help button on the main menu allows the player to review the Tutorial information that had previously disappeared and was not viewable past the first run.
- Ground generation logic was updated to use a static object pool, improving frames per second in our PC tests in some cases by up to 40 frames (average around 20-25).
- Modified wall models to reduce trip count and improve render performance.*
- Store transactions called when viewing products and purchasing in app products now provide more feedback.
- Increased coin generation rate.
- Minor bug fixes including a fix that solves a game breaking bug when pausing the game immediately when starting a run.
*In the future we'll see more updates to the original models like this to improve rendering performance by reducing triangle counts.
This was a great first update to the game and improves quite a bit of mostly minor-seeming items that end up producing a much better final product. Going forward we'll continue to do updates like this that include a mixture of bug fixes and general improvements.
Download on iOS here: Itunes.apple.com