• Register
Forum Thread
Windows 10 (Forums : General Banter : Windows 10) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 1 2015 Anchor

Starting a thread about it. First topic: Weird, i succesfully upgrade my windows 7 to 10, while my sister only receive the option "Notify me when ready"(Notifique-me quando estiver pronto" in portuguese), the weird part is that she reserved on the first day, way before than i did, two weeks ago, nothing happens, no download, no notifications of what is happening. So, what do you think about it?

Aug 2 2015 Anchor

Well heard Win 10 is extremely intrusive and gathers sensitive info, will just stick to Win 7 for as long as possible (for the rest of life if Microsoft's policy continues to be just as bad and evil).

Aug 4 2015 Anchor

Can i have a serious answer from a non hater?

Aug 4 2015 Anchor

I think you should go to the Windows Tech Support forums.

Aug 4 2015 Anchor

If you want our opinions of Windows 10 then I'd say to stick to 7/8/8.1. Windows 10 introduces paid apps to the point where the calculator has in-app purchases and on top of that there are no now advertisments in your taskbar. Windows 10 has DX12 and that's it, considering how few games really even need to utilize DX11 I'm not impressed.

Aug 4 2015 Anchor

"leonardomf" wrote: Can i have a serious answer from a non hater?

What hater? It is Microsoft who are complete haters of their consumers as well as their user's privacy. Microsoft have proved it again and again, and for way too long already.

And you asked for an opinion about Win 10 - and here it is, a bit too honest but Microsoft deserves nothing better. Also using Windows 7 here, so how can it be from a hater?

Just during recent years Micro$oft is steadily going downhill, and it is too certain it may not stop from that self-defeating course anytime soon. Well, it is only Microsoft's problem. Seems best to just stay on Win 7 (or move to other platforms/OSes and let M$ feel their pockets).

"ExtraMana" wrote: If you want our opinions of Windows 10 then I'd say to stick to 7/8/8.1. Windows 10 introduces paid apps to the point where the calculator has in-app purchases and on top of that there are no now advertisments in your taskbar. Windows 10 has DX12 and that's it, considering how few games really even need to utilize DX11 I'm not impressed.

Not to mention some of the removed features: Pcmag.com

Windows goes too mobile-like these days.

Aug 4 2015 Anchor

I went from 8.1 on my machine to 10. I'm liking it. I can't stand 7, it's the worst things since ME IMHO. 8.1 was (finally) better then 2k (best since 2k).

All those things "removed". Games, floppy support, DVD playback, media center, & Win 7 gadgets? Thousands of BETTER game for free, if you're using a floppy then why would you update, Apple doesn't even sell DVD's with their systems & you need to request an external drive (not to mention their sales personal will say "Nobody uses optical media any more"), never even knew media center existed & the gadgets were near useless.

It would be like someone saying a car company removed the 8 track tape player and that's a bad thing... OH WAIT, NOBODY CARES ANY MORE. :)

I'm really liking 10. I initially wasn't thrilled about the new Start menu but am forcing myself to use it to see if I'll grow use to it.

My biggest complaint so far is that my Win 8.1 desktop groupings were eliminated & I needed to manually make them again.

Aug 4 2015 Anchor

Well yes, in a certain way, it is correct. Those are only bad petty things about Win 10. Nothing major.

But really, what is the problem with floppy support? ;-) Does it take 10 GB or a lot dev time to do or something? It is not a tape player that takes actual physical space, sorry. It may be totally useless but still seems weird to remove it just on a whim. Almost same with WMC and DVD playback - using Kodi anyway, but those were helpful anyway as still using good old film DVDs here (cheaper and without nasty voiceovers/subtitles; easy to watch in original; and no, film DVDs do not take any space, less region-locked language-wise unlike those goddam online tv/film services, and do not have to be downloaded or installed - and already using around 1.5 TB in total across all partitions and not even having half stuff installed that was purchased a long time ago).

The thing is why would they remove them if they do not seem to be any hassle to keep?

There are many other issues, like forced updates or Thehackernews.com

On other hand, longer support for the new OS and the free upgrade seems great. Still, would rather prefer an overhauled Win XP/7 (or any "older" model that would be magically overhauled) than another mobile-like OS, and will not be getting Win 10 anyway (and will just wait for Win 11 to see where it goes, if it goes).

Dec 30 2015 Anchor

I have trouble running version 2.2.0-30 Risen3D Windows 10. With Windows 7, it worked perfectly.
That may be happening?

Thank you,

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.