• Register
Forum Thread
Mod Front Mission 3? (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : Mod Front Mission 3? ) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 24 2015 Anchor

3d modeler looking to mod Front Mission 3. I have ps1 hacking tools but do not understand coding enough to edit the files. Seeing how there is no FM3 mod, I thought I would try to get something together. Message me if you wold be interested.

Jul 25 2015 Anchor

Wait, it's possible to replace the in-game models? I've only heard of replacing/modifying PSX sprites but modifying models could be a hella work.

Edited by: Nergal01

Jul 25 2015 Anchor

It's not impossible. You just need to understand coding enough to extract the TMD files, then convert them to lightwave. I've seen other people use the tmd2lwo tool to pull models from the game but not replace them. Like I said, I just want to see if I can get the ball rolling enough to make a mod. I've already encountered many people who would like to see a version that has updated models and weapons. I know this would be a long term project but I figured it would have to start somewhere.

Jul 28 2015 Anchor

Be cool if this happens, I quite like front mission 3.

Jul 28 2015 Anchor

Spread the Word

Aug 18 2015 Anchor

Well, I'm always a big fan of Front Mission and Battletech alike so good luck then.

Sep 11 2015 Anchor

I don't talk very well in English, but I'm very very interested in seeing some mods for psx, I was looking for a multiplayer mod for Fm3 but I don't find anything, just this page M.vk.com, the Russians still play fm games, they made a lot of fan missions

M.vk.com

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.