• Register
Forum Thread
Heist Night: Asymmetrical first person stealth vs real-time strategy coming July 10, 2015. (Forums : PC Gaming : Heist Night: Asymmetrical first person stealth vs real-time strategy coming July 10, 2015.) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 6 2015 Anchor

Heist Night has been released! Choose your version and download it today!

Heist Night Windows download red 1Heist Night macosx download rediHeist Night linux download redir 1

WINNER of "BEST DESIGN" and "BEST CODE". NOMINATED FOR "BEST GAME" and "GAME OF THE YEAR" - NHTV BREDA UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES GAME AWARDS CEREMONY 2015.

Platforms: PC, Mac & Linux

Release date: July 10, 2015.

Developer: NHTV Team Fifteen

FoxHound

The Vision of Heist Night

Heist Night is an 3D asymmetrical multiplayer stealth video game coming to Windows, Mac and Linux platforms. Two players compete against each other; with each player having different objectives, resources and camera perspectives.

One player in Heist Night will assume the role of a thief. Under the cover of darkness, the thief infiltrates a museum in an attempt to steal its valuable exhibits and escape with them. This player will play the game through a first person perspective.

The other player will assume the role of the security guards. The guard must protect the museum and it valuables by apprehending the finding the thief and apprehend him. This player will play the game from a bird's-eye perspective commonly found in traditional Real-time strategy video games.

Why we created Heist Night

In January 2015, NHTV Team Fifteen set-out to create a truly innovative video game that combines the elements of hide-and-seek with the modern stealth genre. An asymmetrical multiplayer game that had to be fair, balanced and, in the end, allow both players to experience moments of tension, but maintaining joy.

Heist Night will let players experience:

• 2 vastly different play styles in 1 game: first person stealth versus top-down real-time strategy.
  • Unique real-time asymmetrical gameplay
  • Beautifully stylised environments
  • An immersive, original score arranged and composed by Mythili Mahendran.
  • Meaningful choices and strategies.
  • A moving connection with the opposing player.

Heist Night is a video game developed in half a year (14 work days) by a team of 10 people varying from programmers, artists, designers and producers attending NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences' International Game Architecture & Design.

On the 2nd of July, 2015; Heist Night was awarded "BEST DESIGN" and "BEST CODE" at NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences' biannual Game Awards Ceremony, in which it had to compete with ten other projects. Additionally, Heist Night was also nominated for "BEST GAME" and "GAME OF THE YEAR".

GAMEPLAY TRAILER

FICTIONAL KICKSTARTER VIDEO

The following is a fictional kickstarter video, which was another school assignment. WE DO NOT HAVE THE ASPIRATIONS TO SET-UP A KICKSTARTER FOR HEIST NIGHT. THE PROCESS OF MAKING A FICTIONAL KICKSTARTER VIDEO WAS PURELY FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES. HEIST NIGHT IS, AND WILL REMAIN, FREE.

An Immersive Original Score

We have been incredibly fortunate to work with British composer and musician Mythili Mahendran when creating Heist Night. The music for Heist Night was is an original score specifically composed for the game. It results in immersive and feedback-driven music that enhances the setting and the state of the game.

Mythili understood that music is not merely an ancillary part of a video game design, but that it enhances the experience in an emotional, perhaps transcendental and timeless way. Her trust, patience and dedication for “Heist Night” affected the way we attempted to realise our vision. Her vision became our vision… her vision is our vision…. Her music is “Heist Night”.

Please take a look at her website and listen to her work.

.Screen shot 2015 03 28 at 22 36

Mythilimahedran.com

Listen to the official "HEIST NIGHT OST"

Arranged and Composed by Mythili Mahendran.

SoundCloud logo svg

Meet the members of Team Fifteen

Credits 1

We hope you look forward to playing Heist Night.
- Elroy Gopal
Lead Level Designer and QA Director on Heist Night.
GAME PAGE: Indiedb.com
DEVELOPER PAGE: Indiedb.com

Edited by: elroygopal

etherflows
etherflows Ether: A catalytic agent in the making of stardust
Jul 6 2015 Anchor

Congrats on achieving your awards and best of luck with your Game Launch. I always wanted my shadow to have a fox tail!

I am a great fan of Open Source and Free To Win but I strongly recommend a Donations button - whether its funds for you or your college - players have different ways of saying thanks, and funding your tools should be one of them!.

Again, well done!

--

ecode logo long

Jul 6 2015 Anchor
etherflows wrote:

Congrats on achieving your awards and best of luck with your Game Launch. I always wanted my shadow to have a fox tail!

I am a great fan of Open Source and Free To Win but I strongly recommend a Donations button - whether its funds for you or your college - players have different ways of saying thanks, and funding your tools should be one of them!.

Again, well done!

Hello etherflows,

Thank you for your comment.

However, since this is a student project (developed by a multitude of people), it would be morally wrong to pursue any financial gain in this experience; regardless of the audience wanting to thank the developers.

As long as we can emotionally move/excite the audience, we have succeeded in our vision.

- Elroy Gopal (Lead Level Designer / QA Director)

Heist Night has been released! Choose your version and download it today!

Heist Night Windows download red 1Heist Night macosx download rediHeist Night linux download redir 1

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.