• Register
Forum Thread
GoldSrc (Half-Life 1) Coding Resources (Forums : Coding & Scripting : GoldSrc (Half-Life 1) Coding Resources) Locked
Thread Options
May 15 2015 Anchor

Hi guys.

I used to post here many years ago under the name Lynxtor. I'm currently a budding C++ programmer, and as I am rather attached to the original Half-Life, I would love to start messing around and initialize a simple (or eventually complex) GoldSrc mod. Unfortunately, Google doesn't turn up much; I found a nice tutorial on setting up a development environment here (thank you sourcemodding) but it would be nice if anyone knew of knowledge resources to get me going, or if you're experienced and feeling generous, give me some tips on GoldSrc programming. At the moment, coding is my focus, I have basic modelling and mapping skills so I could use placeholder models and maps for new stuff while I find help :)

Many thanks in advance.

@pumpkinalcohol

Edited by: pumpkinalcohol

May 20 2015 Anchor

I can map, but sadly I have little experience with C++.... I don't know how many people still active here have used the GoldSrc engine at all....

May 28 2015 Anchor

There are still a lot of people modding in the GldSource engine. The simplicity of it makes it appealing to many new modders and if you are good enough, you can develop high quality projects like 'Arrangement', 'The Volcano', 'Half-Life: Echoes' and 'The Core' which are been developed at the moment, or even simpler ones like mine.

So, you are searching for modders to build up a team, help you out (generally) or to help you out, C++ wise? I personally can tell you some general tips on GldSource modding and help you map-wise. On the other hand, I could use your programming skills at some point for my mod. If you are interested, that is.

May 29 2015 Anchor

Thanks for your reply, Thanoshld.

I've sent you a PM.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.