• Register
Forum Thread
> 1 Million Dogecoin Game Dev Contest in the Month of October 2014! (Forums : Contests & Jams : > 1 Million Dogecoin Game Dev Contest in the Month of October 2014!) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 29 2014 Anchor

Hi Game Devs! I'm a Shibe (Dogecoin enthusiast) programmer, and I'm running a game contest here. It's open to any game that integrates Dogecoin somehow, as an in-game currency or otherwise. An example web based game that does this is Digital Trip[2] which is on github[3] . The prize pot should grow somewhat this month before the deadline of Oct 31, but it's hard to estimate what the value will be at that time.

Please contact me (see contest website) or comment here if you have any suggestions for the contest, want to submit, contribute, or be involved in any way! Thanks for lending your ears for this announcement!

Answers to Frequent Questions:

• Any platform is fine, since you can use REST calls to block.io to send and receive dogecoin.
  • The dogecoin native client can be run on nearly any platform because open source wallets exist for all. Let me know if you want some help getting started with a particular platform (although I know some much better.
  • For distribution, use the same channels you would otherwise (one prize category is for most popular game), and benefit from extra exposure in the Dogecoin community who include many gamers and are very supportive of entrepreneurs who promote their coin. I also operate a twitter bot which often gets 200 retweets by giving away Dogecoin to promote every entry! Remember, you can also integrate Dogecoin in an existing game. I'll be super happy if even half a dozen playable prototype games get made.
Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.